Wednesday, April 16, 2008

The life and music of SimplePlan [*]

Simple Plan began in 1995 with the formation of a band named Reset by friends Pierre Bouvier, Charles-André "Chuck" Comeau, Philippe Jolicoeur, and Adrian White.

Two years later he met with high school friends Jeff Stinco and Sébastien Lefebvre who were in separate bands of their own, and combined to create the band. At those very moment, Reset was releasing a second CD, No Limits.
The origin of the band's name is obscure. Band members have given various responses on this point, including a liking for the movie A Simple Plan; that the band was their simple plan to avoid getting a "real" job; and that the name was only intended to be temporary, but they never thought of anything better, and with shows coming up for the new band, they needed a name.

In 2002, Simple Plan released their first studio album, No Pads, No Helmets...Just Balls which led to the singles, "I'm Just a Kid", "I'd Do Anything", "Addicted", and "Perfect".
In 2004, Simple Plan released their second studio album, Still Not Getting Any... which led to the singles, "Welcome to My Life", "Shut Up!", "Untitled (How Could This Happen to Me?)", "Crazy", and "Perfect World".

In 2006, they published a new album with the best songs of their music career and, right now, they're releasing their last studio album, SIMPLE PLAN and so they gave some concerts around Spain. They were three and one of them was in Bilbao, I went to that concert and it was amazing!!!! I've never enjoyed myself as much as I did!

Definitely, Simple Plan is one of the best groups ever and so, they've won lots of prizes all over the world as the Teen Choice Awards for the best rock group in 2005.


At their beginning, Simple Plan was a chaotic rock group but, nowadays, they're good musicians who make lyrics expressing all their feelings and and so, young people love them and feel identified with everything they say.


Their songs talk about everything you can imagine: love, lies, friends, society... But this one specially talks about how you try to do everything as well as you can and, suddenly, an unplanned moment or accident breaks your world and your life without caring about what you think and brings you down to a place where you can't do anything and where you sometimes think that all those problems that your family or friends have are because of you, like they were your fault.

Personally, when I listen to this song I remember all those bad moments I have had during my life but I also remember that I've grown up thanks to them and that every bad day has its sunny morning the day after. It's a song that makes you think about everything you have done or not and says, in some way, that you don't have to feel culpable of a problem if you couldn't done anything to solve it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know the song in the video and I love it. When I listen to it, I also think about bad moments..
I know the group but I didn't know anything about his life! Than you for the information!
byee