Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Algorta - Getxo


First of all, I'm going to write about my hometown. I was born in Basurto, but my hometown is Algorta, which is part of Getxo. I've lived here since I was taken home from the hospital, so, that's my reason for saying I'm from Algorta taking into account that in the registry it's written I'm from Bilbao.
One of the best things about Getxo is that it is located on the coast. For that reason, it has a lot of beautiful and fantastic places, all of them consist in ten kilometres of cliffs, beaches...
"The Pride of Bilbao" sails from just in front of Getxo. Until one year ago, the rest of the passenger ships moored in Santurtzi but now they've built a new part in the "Puerto Deportivo", so that every week one or two incredible ferries moor in Getxo. Unai Basurko's "Pakea" was also in there until two weeks ago when he went to take part in a championship.




My favourite place of Algorta is the old port. There, Getxo townhall usually prepares different activities or festivals. In August, for example, the "Old Port fiesta" is well-known in all Bizkaia. There, on the little beach, young people play "Sokamuturra" with a bull around them, they play football with a bull...



In Getxo you can also go for a walk to Galea and Aixerrota, you can visit the Aquarium, you can revive the war by visiting the fort or the trench which are all around the rockies, the hanging bridge which was destroyed during the war and rebuilt... So, that's why there are lots of things to do and what in Getxo.


To sum up, Getxo is my favourite town, and here you have, a short photo summary:




No comments: