Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Bilbao*


Well, as lots of people here my hometown is Bilbao.
This city is very famous for its museum but not just for that:


·It also has national artist like Fito & Fitipaldis. This group has
created lots of popular songs all around Spain like "Soldadito marinero" or "Por la boca vive el pez" and he's one of the most famous basque singers here. The main singer, Fito, lives in the centre of Bilbao and so I've seen him a few times where I live. He seems a normal man with his family and his guitar always on his back and I like most of his songs because of what they say.





·Bilbao is famous for his football team too but it isn't very good :)
San Mames is usually open on Sundays when the Athletic Club of Bilbao plays versus another team. When Athletic plays versus Real Sociedad there are always people shouting and fighting in the underground or while they are going to the football pitch so it's better not to go to that football match if that's possible. In my opinion, at the moment the Athletic Club of Bilbao is one of the worst football teams in Spain but thirty years ago more or less they were national champions.







Zubiarte is the best shopping centre in Bilbao. There you can find a lot of shops that are famous all around the world from the cheapest to the most expensive brands and it's one of my favourite places in this city because you can also go with your friends to the cinema or pick up something to eat at its cafetteries (McDonalds, Burger King, Asiatic Restaurant, Krunch...)

In fact, you can find all that you need there and so I remind you to visit that building while you're visiting my city.




I hope this information has helped you to know my hometown better and made you want to come soon!!

No comments: